Church Office Secretary
Salary Classification: Hourly
Goal: The Church Office Secretary is responsible to the Senior Pastor and to the Church Administrator to ensure that the church is running efficiently, accurately and with discretion for people’s personal information, and as an outreach to the unchurched members of the community.
Church Office Secretary will be considered a full time job consisting of up to 40 hours per week, generally Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. with a 30 minute unpaid lunch when working over 5 hour increments. Church office hours are 8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Good communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic editing skills and a solid knowledge of grammar and spelling
- Skilled/proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), Google Drive, and Google Docs
- Experience using Microsoft Publisher software or willingness to learn
- Able to maintain matters of a confidential nature
- Ability to learn Planning Center, the church database system
- Proficient typist
- Self Starter
- Quick learner
- Previous secretarial or administrative assistant experience
- Ability to assist in maintaining church’s web page
- Summary of Duties (including, but not limited to):
- Greet the public and answer phone calls, handle requests, questions or concerns ● Handling of communications between the church staff, church members, and the community. ● Includes but not limited to phone calls, email, texting, or digital media
- Maintain church calendar and make reservations (Weddings, Receptions, Showers, Reunions, etc.) for church facility usage. Schedule reservations for van usage.
- Maintain records for church and Bible study membership
- Prepare worship bulletin for publication and distribution to include inserts and special announcements. Includes but not limited to proofreading and preparing of digital media for webpage, church monitors, and/or services.
- Assist in keeping the prayer list updated
- Provide secretarial support (typing, publishing, running off labels, etc.) for church committees and organizations
- Keep pastors updated on who is sick and who is in the hospital
- Maintain and order office supplies
- Coordinate maintenance and upkeep of office equipment
- Process mail
- Monitor security cameras and buzzing visitors into the building.
- File documents and other paperwork
- Work in cooperation with office staff in the goal of supporting each other and the business of the church
- Perform other church-related duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor or Church Administrator